To mark the celebration of womanhood, on 27th March, 2021, SHE FOR SOCIETY, in association with The Confederation of Women Entrepreneurs(COWE), celebrated International Women’s Day by felicitating the women from the families of Indian armed forces & Bengaluru Women police. The objective was to inaugurate the entrepreneurial development program to VEERNARIS and the VETERAN wives to enable them with a sustainable income source.
The prominent chief guests to illuminate the event were Dr. Asha S Vijay, Medical Director of GarbhaGudi IVF Centre and Mrs. Radha Kolli, National President of the Human Rights Association. Other guests of honour were DCP Rhonini, IPS Roopa Moudgil, DSP CID Geetha Kulkarni, Veernari Padma Sangli and Veernari Salma Shafeeq Ghori.
Excerpts from Dr. Asha’s speech on women’s fertility health to celebrate womanhood at the women’s day celebration:
The rising health concern is a global pandemic. The pandemic has demonstrated the speed at which infections can spread across the globe. The human race is growing with urbanization, and people are adopting a more sedentary lifestyle. It is pushing obesity rates. Chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, thyroid issues are on the rise worldwide.
In this video, Dr. Asha address the She Society members and the general public. Dr. Asha congratulates the She Society for the initiatives and service they render for the upliftment of women. She emphasizes the deteriorating health conditions prevailing in today’s scenario.
She emphasizes the two hazards that are deteriorating a woman’s fertility health. They are:
- Endocrine Destructors
- The electromagnetic waves or frequency emitted by mobiles
What are endocrinal disruptors?
Endocrine Disruptors are chemicals we use in our day-to-day life. They are present in our environment and are causing havoc on our health unknowingly, especially on our reproductive system. They are entering our body as chemicals used in shampoo, conditioners, lipstick, nail polish, deodorants etc. These endocrine disruptors cause the endocrine glands to malfunction. She emphasizes the reduction in the use of chemicals in all our activities.
What is the electromagnetic waves?
Electromagnetic waves are the harmful rays emitted by our gadgets(mobiles, laptops, tabs etc.) which we carry everywhere. Dr Asha created an awareness of electromagnetic frequencies which are bombarding our health every day.
She emphasizes how these two unseen devils pose a threat to female fertility. She shares how these two hazardous substances have brought a decline in the fertility rate of women.
To keep the woman’s fertility healthy, Dr Asha shares a few health tips which can help maintain women health:
- A nutritious diet: A balanced nutrient diet plays a crucial role in fertility health. Binge on healthy food and avoid junk food.
- 2. Physical Activity: Exercise plays a crucial role in maintaining our BMI. Obesity is one of the causes of infertility in both male and female. Maintain a healthy body weight to improve your fertility.
- Get adequate sleep: Sleep is very crucial for a healthy mind, body and soul. See that you get a good amount of it. Exposing yourself to the early morning sun helps in deriving sleep with additional health benefits
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins in your body and keep your cells hydrated. 3-4 litres of water every day is a must.
- Avoid the use of plastic. Using plastic is an open invitation to cancer. Avoid using it.
- Positive Attitude: Staying positive always keeps your mental health and physical health intact. So refrain from negativity and be positive in all walks of life.
Now is the time to start living the healthy life you have always imagined. Let us join hands in making this life healthier, happier and meaningful!
As a token towards healthy living, GarbhaGudi distributed 100 Menstrual Cups to the women audience present at the event.
Watch video here: