Motherhood is a beautiful experience. Every woman dreams to be a mother and wish to hold her baby in her arms, cuddle them, love them, pamper them. But not all are fortunate enough to experience this heavenly feeling. Reasons may be anything. May be due to priority given to career delaying childbearing, health issues, genetic disorders, age factors, male infertility issues etc.
But nothing seems to be impossible these days. Science has advanced a lot. Technologies have been developed to assist humans in various and many forms. Likewise, even infertility in women can be treated, i.e. unless it is a serious health issue where childbearing is near to impossible, with a treatment like assisted reproductive technologies (ART) couples who wish to become parents can be one.
In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a procedure where fertilization of the egg takes place outside the human body. When women fail to conceive naturally, couples opt for this treatment to achieve pregnancy.
IVF can be pricey handling and the cost of a cycle depends upon many elements depending on the clinical situation of the couple.
But we here at GarbhaGudi aim at helping each such couple who wish to become parents. We offer affordable treatments without compromising on the service or quality of the treatment. Each IVF Centre have their own treatments which are more or less the same but the cost of treatments varies from each other. Some centres mean that it includes the cost of egg pickup, embryology and embryo transfer procedures only and a few others include all consultations and scans. And some clinics include the cost of investigations and the cost of injections too. So while comparing the cost, make sure you ask what all are included in the treatment and whatnot. We can sum up the cost under the following heads -
• OPD Costs - which includes consultation, ultra-sound monitoring, counselling, blood and other investigations,
• Pre-investigations - includes investigations done during the cycle, post IVF investigations, cost of injections and medicines (hormone injections during the IVF, injections and medicines after embryo transfer)
• OT Procedure charges - which includes egg pickup procedure, embryo transfer procedure, embryology charges, embryo culture and monitoring, freezing and thawing.
• Embryologist and team charges
• Embryology Lab charges
• Laser-assisted hatching
• Miscellaneous charges
• Documentation and consent
• Nursing, housekeeping and support teams.
• Donor and Surrogate charges
• Egg donor charges
• Semen donor charges
• Surrogate mother
• Other optional procedures
• Diagnostic or operative Hysteroscopy
• Diagnostic or operative laparoscopy
• TESA/PESA/Micro Tese
• Sequential Transfer
When all these factors are evaluated, one will understand why specialized IVF centres with high success rates are slightly more expensive. When you go with a good IVF centre, one thing is sure that you get the best treatment available and no compromises are made in the service provided.
But all worth a pain when at the end of the day you get to hold your baby in your hand.